Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The Resource Center is located in Kisumu County, about 25km east of Kisumu town and offers a variety of services to the local community. The center is equipped with training facility and provides capacity building opportunities in Agriculture, Entrepreneurship and venue for community group meetings. The in-class training is complemented by practical learning on the adjacent Farmer Field School i.e. a model Farm which encompasses a greenhouse, open farm and poultry house that provide practical examples of modern farming practices. The resource center is also equipped with comprehensive rainwater harvesting infrastructure to fully utilize the short and heavy rains in the region.
Occasionally, depending on the availability of funds, 30 school going orphans and vulnerable children get free lunch at the center to improve their concentration and school performance. Additionally a borehole provides a reliable and affordable source of safe water for the community. The construction of two water kiosks in the wider area connected with the borehole will improve accessibility to clean and safe water in the community significantly.
• Working in the Model Farm of the center and helping to improve the agricultural methods, crops, etc.
• Promotion of the center’s agricultural activities in the community
• Improving the record keeping of the center’s activities
• Assisting in preparation of meals for the feeding program for orphans and vulnerable children
• Supporting the promotion of the center and its activities
Find out more about this and other opportunities in Kenya at: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-kenya
For programs in other countries check out: http://cadip.org
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To enroll in the project now, click here: http://cadip.org/enrol or give us a call:
USA: 646-657-2900; 310-882-7400; 617-841-0400
Canada: 604-628-7400; 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500