A GOTR Volunteer Coach works with a team of coaches twice a week after school to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants (girls ages 8-13) over the 10 week season.
Required of Volunteers:
- Understanding and believing in the mission of the organization and acting as a spokesperson for the program
- Serving as a role model and mentor
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising the weekly lessons (co-facilitate)
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery
- Interacting with the parents of the program participants; planning and coordinating the end of the season celebration
- Coordinating the community impact project
- Attending the end of season community 5K event with program participants and other coaches
- Attending mandatory 1.5 hour online pre-training and 6 hour in-person training
- At least 1 coach has to be First Aid/CPR certified. If you need to get certified, GOTR offers three certification classes. Dates will be posted on our website in Fall 2019.
- Junior Coaches are between the ages of 16-17.
- Submit Criminal & Child Abuse Background clearances to GOTR Staff. We will need a FBI Fingerprint clearance if you have not lived in PA for at least 10 consecutive years.
For more information and to sign up, visit our website at www.gotrpa.org/Coach. For a list of participating schools, visit https://www.gotrpa.org/Our-Locations.
For questions, email email@example.com
We look forward to having you volunteer with us!