Times of day
A few hours per week
Dancing Tree Warehouse
10055 E Burnside Street
Background: AKA Science is a fun, hands-on, interactive, and inquiry-based after-school science program for elementary and early-middle school students. AKA Science classes rotate on a three-year cycle of topics, including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Forensic Science, and Earth Science. Classes are filled with scientific exploration that serve more than 900 students per year, with more than 70% of participants demonstrating improved attitudes towards science and increased knowledge of scientific concepts.
Purpose: We provide the materials necessary for Class Leaders to bring AKA Science curriculum to life. This requires maintaining an extensive inventory, for which our Inventory Volunteers play a crucial role in assisting staff with identifying, counting, tallying, condensing, re-organizing, relocating, and labeling supplies.
● Volunteer for a minimum of one 4-hour inventory session
● Count, tally, and label supplies as assigned
● Inspect supplies for quality and functionality
● Re-organize, relocate, and consolidate supplies as assigned
● English proficiency with the ability to read and write
● Ability to count accurately & keep track of details
● Ability to stand for 3-5 hours
● Ability to stoop, bend, and carry small loads (<50lbs) short distances
● Ability to be in a dusty, non-climate controlled environment for 3-5 hours
● 18 years of age or older, or 13 with adult supervision
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com to set up a time to help bring science to at-risk youth!
***Both mornings and afternoon times are available for volunteering!