Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom!
Are you a good communicator who can inspire, cast vision, and answer practical, down to earth questions? Be part of the Aviation Recruiting team, reaching out to college students and beyond, to fill our needs in countries around the world.
Mobilize, maintain contact with, encourage, interview, inform, and screen potential Aviation candidates for membership.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Know the Aviation position openings and the requirements required for each position.
- · Determine avenues for engagement to attract applicants and fill specific job openings.
- · Recruit at events, colleges, and job fairs including setting up displays and having materials to give out.
- · Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other organizations to find and attract candidates.
- · Make public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding JAARS and our Aviation opportunities.
- · Respond to new contacts, and record all interactions in the Aviation Recruiting database.
- · Explain the job requirements, technical evaluation, application, training, and field orientation processto candidates.
- · Arrange on site visits and tours to cast vision for the positions.
- · Discuss the Self-Assessment questions to determine candidate’s eligibility or need for remedial work.
- · Set reminders to connect with contacts to determine their current interest and readiness levels.
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
- · Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- · Knowledge of aviation and the basic requirements
- · Good oral and written communication skills
- · MS Office applications and Google Apps
- · Mission field experience a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
· Proof of health insurance
· Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
· Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
· Agreement with our Statement of Faith
- A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020