Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
7405 Jaars Road
Do you have a heart for prayer and a heart to see God’s love reach the last languages? Do you long to see God's Word have an impact on all the language communities of the earth? Do you desire for others to have that passion?
You will be building a new prayer effort and providing important leadership within the broader focus of campus spiritual vitality and development. This position will report to the JAARS Vice President of People.
To foster and encourage spiritual vitality and development across the entire JAARS community.
- For a 1 FTE (40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Develop and implement prayer and spiritual development strategies across the JAARS campus
- Guide and equip JAARS Center staff to pray regularly for all nations and all language communities by name
- To share what we have learned with others for God’s glory
- Encourage and promote various prayer groups on campus
- Ensure spiritual and emotional support to the staff reporting to you (i.e. Chaplains, LimboLinks, Widows Network, etc.)
- Schedule, organize, and execute various spiritually-focused days (e.g. World Day of Prayer, Scripture Celebration, Spiritual Vitality Days, etc.)
- Serve as an active member of the JAARS leadership team
- Work well with other leaders at JAARS
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal or informal training in prayer ministry
- Strong personal prayer life demonstrated by personal habits of prayer
- Relevant, demonstrated leadership gifts, both in spiritual and practical realms
- Proven leadership in corporate prayer times
- Demonstrate dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Ability to encourage and model effective prayer for nations and language communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to help colleagues understand and grow in their prayer and spiritual development
- Be a learner and open to the Lord and to colleagues
- Strong team builder
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Housing Available