Stonewall National Monument Tabling Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National Parks Conservation Association- Northeast Region
Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
53 Christopher St
Since our founding in 1919, National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) has been the independent, nonpartisan voice working to strengthen and protect America's favorite places.
With 1.3 million members and supporters beside us, we are the voice of America’s national parks, working to protect and preserve our nation’s most iconic and inspirational places for present and future generations. We celebrate the parks — and work tirelessly to defend them — whether on the ground, in the courtroom or on Capitol Hill.
We are seeking volunteers to assist us at the Stonewall National Monument during the month of July on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
This summer, volunteers will be tabling near the Stonewall Inn in Christopher Park to answer questions and provide more information to the public about Stonewall National Monument in Greenwich Village, the first National Park Service (NPS) site dedicated to LGBT history and the site of the 1969 uprisings that sparked the modern LGBT civil rights movement. Through the end of July, we plan to reach hundreds of visitors at Stonewall National Monument from 12-5pm on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays.
- Talk to passers-by and share the story of Stonewall
- Discuss the recent designation of the Stonewall National Monument, and provide answers to basic questions
- Get feedback from visitors about their ideas for the future of Stonewall National Monument
- Maintain sign-up list for people interested in getting on the park's mailing list
- Direct the public to a website where they can learn more
- Set up and break down tabling materials
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in volunteering, please email Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.