Maintenance Volunteer at Buddhist Retreat Center in Northern California
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Ratna Ling Buddhist Retreat Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
35755 Hauser Bridge Road
We are looking for a focused, proficient maintenance person/groundskeeper to join our community. Ratna Ling Retreat Center is a non-profit retreat facility and intentional community located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Sonoma County in northern California. Our groundskeeper and maintenance person will have a dedication to the principles of Ratna Ling, with an awareness of the small details that create the big picture. We aspire to provide a peaceful and serene atmosphere for our community and guests to experience the healing qualities of nature.
This job will require and strengthen knowledge of tools and problem-solving, stamina, time management, and a sensitivity to creating beauty.
Tasks will include: landscaping and general maintenance of grounds and facilities. Other tasks may include helping in our organic garden and assisting in retreat operations when necessary.
As a Ratna Ling Volunteer you will receive:
- Living allowance of $150 per month.
- Housing in modern cabins (2 person occupancy) with a private bath, outdoor deck and gas fireplace.
- Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
- Delicious vegetarian meals prepared six days per week
- Evening classes covering a variety of Buddhist studies; some guided, some are considered self-study with materials provided
- Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
- Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
-The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
As part of our program, volunteers have the opportunity to participate in classes related to Buddhist practice and study in the areas of Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices), Buddhist history and philosophy, Meditation and more. Some classes are guided, others are considered self-study, with materials provided.
We are seeking people who have an interest in exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
Visit our website at volunteer.ratnaling.org for more information and to find our application. You can also find us on Facebook at Ratna Ling Volunteer.
Submit application and resume to email@example.com.
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers