A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
89 East 42nd Street
PO Box 1344
The Article 20 Network offers a great opportunity to get great experience in a young non-profit and help turn it into a world-class human rights organization making a global impact.
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed to defend and advance the human right to freedom of peaceful assembly worldwide. Through direct action, education, research and legal services, the Article 20 Network encourages the proliferation of public demonstrations and fights back against obstacles and threats to our human right to peacefully assemble.
We are a new organization made up of volunteers and are seeking new team members to lead a variety of exciting new initiatives. Candidates should be able to volunteer for 2-5 hours a week.
- Oversee, support the design of, and drive the core elements of programs that advance the the right to public protest, including:
- Educating K12 and college students about the right to protest
- Training law enforcement on managing assemblies
- Establishing a social science and research initiative
- Implementing a legal services strategy supporting protesters, lawmakers, and more
- Identify needs for contractors, partners, and additional volunteers and assist with their recruitment.
- Design communications strategies around the project including ideas for social media channels and traditional media outreach
- Provide timely feedback to the Executive Director and progress reports per project to the Board of Directors
- Initiatives are sponsored by current board members or officers
- Training and documentation will be provided
- Regular contact with the executive director and co-founder for additional support
Ideal candidates will have:
- a deeply held belief in the power of public protest
- Preferred degree
- Strong organizational and written communication skills required.
- Collaborative work style based on open, transparent, continual communication, sharing, and inclusive decision-making coupled with a solution oriented and proactive approach
- Motivating interpersonal and presentation skills and the capacity to inspire and motivate prospective individual donors and volunteers
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com Subject should read "Program Manager”.