Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you skilled in telling a story through video and photography? Do you enjoy using music, sound effects and images to enhance a video? Do you like to work as a team to accomplish a project?
Consider joining the creative services team either as missionary supported or volunteer staff serving a minimum of 100 hours per month to help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Imagine your work impacting lives for eternity. Share your resume plus portfolio and/or work products to be considered.
Produce high quality photography, video, and animation materials for JAARS and staff needs.
- · This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- · Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- · Provide photography and video production services for organization functions including, but not limited to, corporate promotional materials, personal videos, special events, training sessions, etc. in studio or in the field
- · Work in collaboration with communication team, or client’s script, to produce high quality photography, video, and animation materials
- · Work to meet strategic needs of the Engagement Department and develop use of the brand in keeping with the overall mission of JAARS
- · Offer consultation, technical assistance, and coordination of all facets of video and audio recording and editing from brainstorming of ideas, planning, collaboration with script writer, shooting stills and HD camera video footage, editing, including sound effects, music, images and graphics, to pre-production and post-production
- · Maintain organized files of images, footage, and recordings for archives and re-purposing
- · Demonstrate professional craftsmanship and techniques in filming, photography, editing, pre and post production
- · Some travel possible
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- · Two years of study in film/video production, and two years minimum position relevant work experience
- · Experienced capturing audio in challenging environments
- · Knowledge of photographic and video production principles
- · Experienced with studio techniques and field lighting environments
- · Creative expertise in development of script/storyboard a plus
- · Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop or Final Cut software
- · Self-motivated, has organizational skills, and an effective communicator
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mail room, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
· Proof of health insurance
· Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
· Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
· Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020