Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1 Centre St.
Position Summary: Big Apple Greeter is currently seeking a volunteer with a variety of office skills who can work closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Programs & Events on a variety of projects. This is a good opportunity for someone who enjoys helping someone else stay organized and on-task while contributing to the on-going mission of the organization.
Mission: Launched May 1992, Big Apple Greeter is an independent non-profit corporation. Its mission is to enhance New York City's worldwide image and enrich the New York experience by connecting visitors with knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteers. A committed corps of 30 part-time office volunteers help Big Apple Greeter promote a friendly image of New York and create opportunities for New Yorkers to show pride in their city and give something back to the city.
Duties and Responsibilities: This person would become involved with the day-to-day activities of the Executive Director and the Director of Programs & Events and would:
- Assist in the coordination and execution of various projects, both short- and long-term
- Attend meetings and assist with any necessary follow-up activities
- Write and revise letters and e-mails
- Stay informed as to priorities and general workflow
Qualifications: This person should:
- Have a variety of office skills (e-mail; MS Word, including MailMerge; MS Excel). (Access would be a plus)
- Be a good telephone communicator
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be detail-oriented, accurate, and flexible
- Great for a retiree.
Time Commitment: 2 days or 4 half-days a week, flexible; minimum six-month commitment.
How To Apply
Contact:Alicia Pierro, 212-669-2364, firstname.lastname@example.org