Gould Farm- Residential Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by William J. Gould & Associates, Inc.
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
P.O. Box 157
Reporting to the Residential Manager, this position is responsible to assist in the day-to-day activities that support the creation for Guests of a secure and fulfilling sense of home within themselves, their rooms, their house and the larger community. Volunteers serve in a very responsible, supportive and social role with Guests (clients) during the evenings and overnight in the three guest residences clustered in the center of the Gould Farm Community. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, to actively participate as a member of the community and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Administer medications and provide therapeutic treatment support to Guests.
· Participate in crisis intervention as required
· Understand and respond to fire safety protocols
· Support guests in the accomplishment of their house chores
· Assist guests in knowledge, understanding and execution of tasks that address personal hygiene
· Participate in social, recreational and community activities and events
· Attend and participate at team and staff meeting.
· Act as role model and counselor to guests.
· Serve in supportive and social role with guests during evenings and overnights in the three guest residences.
· Facilitate community activities through the activities coalition to develop and maintain a comprehensive activities, arts and educational program that involves and serves all members of the Gould Farm Community.
Qualifications: B.S. degree or equivalent is desired. This position requires mature, flexible individuals who enjoy living and working in a community milieu, within an integrated and progressive team structure. Experience in working with people and leading and directing the work of others is desirable. A valid driver’s license with a good driving record are essential.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO A YEAR OF VOLUNTEER SERVICE IN THIS ROLE.
How To Apply
If interested, please send cover letter & resume to the Volunteer Coordinator, Melissa Lindner at email@example.com .