Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Preparer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Koreatown Youth & Community Center
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
3727 W. 6th Street, Suite 300
Do you want to help families in the Los Angeles area, get their taxes completed for FREE??
Volunteer tax preparers donate their time to make sure those with limited incomes are able to receive tax refunds and credits they are due. With more volunteers providing tax preparation services, many low income families save the high cost of tax preparation and learn of all the wonderful services available at KYCC throughout the entire year.
- Learn tax prep for low-income families and enable them to receive tax refunds and credits that they are .
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people.
- Computer skills for entering tax information.
- Commitment to strengthening families by increasing self-sufficiency.
- Ability to complete IRS Standard of Conduct, Intake/Interview, and basic tax law training and certification (formal training is available).
- Training Provided