English (ESL) and Citizenship Class Instructor
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Vietnam Learning, Arts & Cultural Center
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
611 East 76th Street
#1 (main floor)
Vietnam Learning, Arts & Cultural Center (VLACC) is looking for a volunteer teaher for English as a Second Language (ESL) and Citizenship classes. All of our classes are tuition-free and are held in Canarsie, Brooklyn. We provide services to senior citizens as well as immigrants in the community.
If you have 2-3 hours/week to spare and would like to volunteer and contribute to helping immigrants learn English and Citizenship classes, we need you!
Specifications and Responsibilities:
- One year teaching ESL and/or Citizenship classes to students preferred.
- TESOL certification preferred, but not required.
- Dynamic with good voice projection.
- Prepare for lesson plans.
- Must commit to teaching at least once a week for 14 weeks (Sept-Dec 2018 and ideally Jan-June 2019 --each weekly class is 2-3 hours long)
- Days needed for ESL/Citizenship classes: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday;
- Assist members with activities as needed.
Since we do not charge for classes, our resources are very limited. We encourage you to volunteer your time, we will pay a stipend as needed. Transportation: take the 2 or 5 train to Flatbush Ave station and 15 minutes bus ride on B6 to our center.
Call Trinh at 718-496-9137 or 347-990-3400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stipend Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers