A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- Are you a skilled website developer and designer, or a talented student looking for real world experience?
- Do you have a strong aesthetic sense and a passion for designing beautiful webpages?
- Are you proficient with HTML, CSS, SQL and SquareSpace?
- Do you have a deep interest in peacebuilding, current conflicts and nonviolent conflict resolution?
- Do you have a passion for combating violence in the world?
- Are you highly organized, with a strong attention to detail and are able to communicate clearly?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then Beyond Violence needs you!
Beyond Violence (BV) is global organization which seeks to engage people across countries and continents in the promotion of non-violent conflict transformation. Through the use of Internet Communication Technology (ICT) based campaigns, we are impacting decision-makers and local actors to put down weapons and solve conflict through negotiation and dialogue.
We are seeking a talented webmaster to work us as we build and rebrand our web portal. This voluntary position is envisioned as having a minimum commitment of five to ten hours a week. It can also fulfill internship requirements for students, with viability determined during the recruitment process. The amount of time you will put into it will be determined in conversations with your supervisor and based on our need and your availability.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, create and maintain a professional website representing BV to the world.
- Develop content in consultation with BV’s leadership team and staff.
- Assist bloggers, our social media team and other content creators in the deployment of their work.
- Support the development and implementation of BV’s campaigns and programs.
- Deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Senior Program Manager and attend scheduled check in secessions
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Professional background in web design and development or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL and SquareSpace.
- Experience using web hosting services.
- Demonstrated familiarity with current standards and trends in web design.
- Portfolio of successfully launched projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of ongoing conflicts, issues in peacebuilding and current political affairs a plus.
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Basic computer skills including – digital communication tools (Skype, WhatsApp, e-mail, etc,) Microsoft office, and the sharing of documents via the cloud – required.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of exciting programs.
- An internet-based organization that means you can work from anywhere in the world.
- Being part of an innovative and rapidly expanding movement - be part of creating change.
- Experience in building a non-profit organization in a cooperative and intercultural environment.
- Letter of recommendation or reference to future employers.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position with work being carried out remotely.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply submit your CV and Cover Letter. Include “Webmaster 2018” in the subject line.
Contact person: David Fernandes, Senior Program Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org