Mind-Body Workshop Facilitator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by American Red Cross, Mid-Michigan Chapter
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1800 East Grand River Avenue
Want to put your mental health licensure to use when volunteering?
The American Red Cross is dedicated to supporting service members, veterans and their families to manage the stresses of military life. Through the creation of Mind-Body Workshops, the Red Cross teaches easy-to-use skills that connect the body with the mind to help participants cope with stress and trauma. Workshops are free and offered in small groups by licensed mental health professionals.
- To help teach Mind and Body healing techniques to military members and their families. This includes techniques such as breathing, body awareness, guided imagery, stretching and movement, journaling, and meditation.
- Engaging in the duties within the guidelines of license requirements, training instruction and supervision.
- Staying up-to-date for the military, veterans and their families on complementary integrative research and its practices.
- Professional Independently State License in Behavioral Health or other Health Care in behavioral health training and experience required.
- Experience training in complementary and integrative practices preferred.
- Professionally Experience in working with the military community preferred.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.