Tree Zero - Forest Policy and Trade Expert (Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Advance Social Innovation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Individual who knows paper policies, public tender value for paper Professional experience or study in forest conservation, forest science, forest-related advocacy, forestry, or biology. Trade and Finance Program on topics related to forest governance, illegal deforestation, and associated trade.
This position is ideal for a self-starter who can prioritize competing demands, demonstrate initiative and responsibility, and quickly become an integral member of our team. Lead a team responsible for delivering technical and policy advice and programs.
- Three or more years of professional experience or study in a land use-, forest- or conservation-related field;1-2 years demonstrated professional experience
- Trade and Finance Program on topics related to forest governance, illegal deforestation, and associated trade.
- Analyze trends in international commodity trade to inform program strategy
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent research skills, including ability to work with large data sets
- Initiative and ability for self-directed, independent work
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Superior knowledge of the operational and strategic requirements for the successful delivery of a range of biodiversity conservation, soil or water conservation or natural resource management programs
- Experience managing program or project work including setting and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with and delivering on organizational strategic plans
- International Volunteers