Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security.
Role brief: An advanced developer is needed who is able to utilize the Salesforce platform to develop mobile or web app, systems integrations, customization, data modeling, security and management for Haiti Now and other solutions for different functional departments. Experience with Apex (including wrapper class), Lightning and Visualforce aspects of Salesforce is mandatory. Additional responsibilities include: managing support and maintenance of Salesforce solutions; designing reports, dashboards and automation; and communicating with teams.
- Help develop Salesforce platform into a custom CRM database for Haiti Now volunteers as well as a School Manager app, among other solutions
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Manage support and maintenance of Salesforce solutions
- Leverage the advanced capabilities of Salesforce
- Communicate with relevant teams and Project Manager
- Bachelor’s required or 5+ years of professional experience to substitute the Bachelor's Degree, IT background preferred
- At least 2-3 years of Salesforce experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Custom Objects, Apex, Triggers, Web Services, Visualforce, REST APIs, SOAP Web Services and migration tools
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification required with other Salesforce certifications (i.e.: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 5-10 hrs. per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Proficiency in all areas of Google Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important