Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3124 W. Irving Park Road
The position: We are seeking a volunteer rescue store manager (unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future, including commission opportunities) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago. All proceeds from sales from The Rescue Store go towards care and maintenance of our rescued dogs and cats.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
Your responsibilities will include:
· Setting up the merchandise showroom;
· Posting items for sale on letgo, eBay, and our website;
· Creating and updating consignment displays;
· Contacting vendors and stores to solicit donations;
· Soliciting merchandise from the community;
· Assisting with running the rescue store;
· Recording the store’s donations; and
· Working with the volunteer coordinator to recruit volunteers to run the store.
· Creative mind;
· Experience in creating merchandise displays;
· Strong sense of aesthetics;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication style, and maintenance of confidentiality;
· Nonprofit experience a plus but not necessary; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
Time commitment: About 20 hours per week.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at email@example.com. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.