Volunteer with English for New Bostonians
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by English for New Bostonians
105 Chauncy Street
English for New Bostonians is a nonprofit focused on improving the lives of immigrants and refugees across Massachusetts. Through ESOL classes, job and career advising, and tech literacy programs, our funded programs impact thousands of lives and help increase the self-sufficiency of our immigrant and refugee communities. Thank you very much for expressing interest in volunteering with English for New Bostonians! Our efforts to serve the immigrant and refugee communities in Boston could not be accomplished without your support.
We currently have two programs that we are recruiting volunteers for, the Allies for Immigrants ESOL Corps and Mock Interviewing Events.
1) Allies for Immigrants ESOL Corps is geared towards getting volunteers into ESOL classrooms to help tutor, lead conversation groups, help with writing, aid the teachers, and other activities. No prior experience in ESOL teaching or tutoring is necessary, but it is definitely a plus! We currently have 5 locations interested in volunteers: St. Mark's Community Education Program, Project Hope, Gilbert Albert Community Center, NOAH, and Maverick Landing Community Services.
- St. Mark's Community Education Program, Monday - Thursday 6:30-9pm and Saturdays 10am-12pm
- Project Hope, Wednesdays 10:30-11:30am
- Gilbert Albert Community Center, Mondays & Wednesdays 6-8pm and Tuesday & Thursdays 9am-12pm
- NOAH, Wednesdays 6-8pm
- Maverick Landing, Tuesday - Thursday 5:30-8pm
2) Mock Interview events happen throughout the year and are perfect for people who want to get involved but cannot commit to a weekly volunteering schedule. We are looking for professionals in many different career areas and are especially interested in those who have experience in HR or hiring. These mock interview events will help immigrants prepare for interviews and help them succeed in finding better jobs. Additionally, there may be more opportunities to get involved with skills trainings, job fairs, or other career related events. Currently we have 3 upcoming opportunities:
1) Thursday, March 15th from 1:30 to 4:30 at 87 Tyler St., Boston MA 02111
2) Thursday, March 22nd from 9:30 to 12:30 at 38 Ash St., Boston MA 02111
3) Tuesday, April 10 from 9 to 11:30 at 100 Franklin St., Boston MA 02110
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
How To Apply
Please fill out the google form and we will be in touch. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.