Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3124 W. Irving Park Road
We are seeking a volunteer recordkeeper (unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
· Helping the executive director’s assistant update and maintain records on all intakes, fosters, and adoptions;
· Assisting with obtaining and updating all veterinary records;
· Proactively maintaining an organized filing system for all records;
· Handling, recording, and following up on intervention phone calls;
· Assisting in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed; and
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication style, and maintenance of confidentiality;
· Nonprofit experience a plus but not necessary; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
Time Commitment: About 20 hours per week.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.