AmeriCorps VISTA position for Program Development at SAVE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Flint Hills Volunteer Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
AmeriCorps VISTA members make a full-time, one-year commitment to alleviate poverty in a particular community. Their role in alleviating poverty is to mobilize community resources, increase the capacity of the low-income community to achieve its goals, and ensure that the activities initiated or expanded as an AmeriCorps VISTA member are sustained by the community.
Program: The SAVE Farm is a teaching farm and healing center for transitioning service members and veterans whose mission is to:
· Provide accredited education and skills in a teaching farm environment
· Facilitate healing for those in need, helping service members regain life fulfilling purpose
· Assist in post-training placement on working farms.
Title: Program Development VISTA
Position Summary: As a VISTA member at SAVE, you will help transitioning service members and veterans learn agricultural vocations. Major functions include strengthening internal controls and agency bylaws, writing of orientation manuals and recruitment materials along with annual reports. VISTA serve their communities through aiding service members in the transition from military to civilian with employable skills.
- Assess the current state of internal controls and bylaws utilized by SAVE to improve its effectiveness and sustainability.
- Continue to develop and implement or revise manuals and materials.
- Develop SAVE Board processes.
- Set up outreach systems and develop partnerships with community organizations, local businesses, and public education institutions to recruit servicemembers to SAVE.
- Develop informational marketing materials.
- Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Complete successful criminal history background check.
- Communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds, including servicemembers
- Own a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Applicant should hold a four year degree in business, agricultural sciences or similar, or four years of relevant work experience, or a combination thereof.
- Independent worker
- Possess strong writing and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite, management, and recruitment.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided