Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The following qualities are essential to all applicants:
- Professional demeanor with utmost transparency and honesty
- The innate desire to help others
- Open minded and willing to learn from others and the environment around them
- Mindful of cultural sensitivity
- Positive energy and attitude
- Self-starting and initiative taker
- Motivated and hard working
- Detail oriented
- Good sense of humor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the job placement process, which includes running a job boot camp
- Preparing the application packets
- Coaching students on job decisions and tracking the placements
- Review & edit professional development curriculum
- Assist with running the professional development workshops for EGBOK alumni
- Assist EGBOK team members with other aspects of the organization, as needed
- Partake in weekly meetings
- Fluent in English
- Hospitality work experience is a plus
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Experience in working with young adults preferred
We ask for a 3 months commitment from foreign volunteers. It can often take time to adjust to life in Cambodia and we want to ensure your time here is both meaningful and mutually beneficial.
This is an unpaid position in Cambodia. EGBOK will assist with the process of obtaining a visa to live and work in Cambodia for EGBOK. There is no fee to volunteer with EBGOK. We recognize the value in people offering us their time, knowledge and resources and do not see charging volunteers as a sustainable part of funding the organization.
EGBOK does not provide staff housing, but we can assist you with the process of finding accommodations within your budget. EGBOK is centrally located in Siem Reap city with many housing options.
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to TOP Kandara at topkandara@EGBOKmission.org with subject “Career Development Volunteer [YOUR NAME]”. Please be aware that EGBOK conducts thorough interviews and background checks with all prospective staff to ensure your time here would be meaningful and productive. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.