ESL Classes - CHILDCARE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Rolling Hills Community Church - Tualatin, OR
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Rolling Hills Community Church
3550 Southwest Borland Road
We provide free ESL classes on Monday evenings for adults in our community. Many of our students have children and require childcare in order to attend our classes. We attempt to remove this obstacle by offering free childcare for the children of our students. A typical evening could entail children playing on their own (with volunteers), playing in a bigger group game/ activity, a craft, snack and clean up.
Please, send us a message if you are interested in volunteering in our childcare program IF YOU…
- Enjoy working with children
- Enjoy working with people from various ethnicities and backgrounds
- AND most important, can pass a background check to work with children.
- Assist with checking in the children entering our care
- Supervising and monitoring the safety of the children in our care
- Help implement organized activities (crafts, games, etc)
- Help prepare and serve snacks
- Oversee the children in the cleanup of the space
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK TO WORK WITH CHILDREN
A second or third language is not necessary; however, it also does not hurt.
When: Mondays, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Semester 1: 10/8/2018 - 12/10/2018
- Semester 2: 1/7/2019 - 3/18/2019 (No class on 2/18/2019)
- Semester 3: 4/1/2019 - 6/10/2019 (No class on 5/27/2019)
Where: Rolling Hills Community Church (3550 SW Borland Rd. Tualatin, OR 97062)
Our ask is that you can be there at least 15 minutes early to help with final preparations and plan to stay 15 minutes afterwards to help with any final clean up.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested, please call (503) 638-5900 and ask for Zach Gillock or send me an email at email@example.com.