Volunteer in Our Summer Program & Support Our Scholars!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by East Harlem Tutorial Program
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
2035 2nd Avenue
EHTP seeks passionate volunteers to work with elementary and middle school students during our summer program! Our summer program runs Monday through Friday, and volunteers play a huge role in making the summer successful.
Volunteers can choose between the morning or afternoon shifts or do a full day. In the mornings, volunteers support our teachers and scholars during academic instruction. Including:
- Providing logistical and operational support to their assigned classroom
- Supporting students during academic lessons in one-on-one and small group settings
In the afternoons, volunteers support during field trips, outdoor activities, and enrichment clubs. Including:
- Providing logistical and operational support during club time (i.e. music, dance, art etc.)
- Engaging with students in club and outdoor activities such as soccer and field time
- Attending field trips with students
Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 3 shifts a week or 2 full days for the full 4 weeks of program.
When: July 2 - July 30, 2018; Monday - Friday
Times: 7:45am - 12:15pm (Morning) and/or 12:00pm - 4:00pm (Afternoon)
All interested volunteers must apply online here: http://bttr.im/ubhw2
If you have any questions, please contact our Associate, Volunteers & Interns, Raúl Lazo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old
Summer Program is a highly active environment and volunteers must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, carry heavy boxes, stand for a minimum of 4 hours a day, feel comfortable supervising children in outdoor and indoor settings, and participate in physical activities such as running and sports
- Training Provided