Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1525 Newton St NW
REPORTS TO: Board Chair
PURPOSE: The Board of Directors of
Join the leadership of Words Beats & Life. The Board of Directors in the governing body of the organization and works with the staff to set priorities for each fiscal year, approves the annual budget and helps meet our fundraising goals for the year. The Board acts on behalf of the public to insure that members of the staff are not abusing or misusing our status as a tax-exempt business.
PRINICPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
General Board Member
1. Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
You agree that you will minimally
Promote the mission of WBL in my personal and professional life
Represent WBL to my friends and the public at large
Commit at least one year to the Board of Directors
Actively recruit potential board members
Play a role in actively fund raising
Attend at least 75% of board meetings
Play an active role in one sub-committee
Make a minimal annual contribution to WBL in the amount of $150
Agree to participate in training that will make me a more effective board member
Accept moral, legal and financial responsibility for WBL Inc.
Reply to all e-mails that require a response, and all phone calls that need a response within 48 hours
Be on time for meeting and if I am unable to attend a meeting, call the Chair 24 hours in advance to notify him or her.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Board of Directors".
You resume will then be forwarded on to the Board Chair and Vice Chair and you will hear from someone within 30 days of the reciept of your resume and cover letter.