Burgaw ReStore - Volunteer Cashier
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity ReStore
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
115 West Fremont Street
The Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity ReStore, is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price.
Mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Join our dynamic, energetic team to help keep the ReStore running smoothly! Work with the managers, staff and other volunteers to assist customers in the checkout process.
The Burgaw ReStore Volunteer Cashier provides assistance to customers who are being checked out with purchases. This position supports business operations, and also works with staff to ensure an excellent shopping experience for every customer.
- Meet and greet customers
- Provide general assistance to customers, answering questions, and directing customers to the correct department
- Assist customers through the purchase process
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of aisles and merchandise
- Arrange/create endcaps and decorative displays
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Knowledge of building materials and home improvement is a plus, but not required
- Minimum of 4 hours each shift, and 16 hours per month
- Flexible scheduling
- Morning Shift 9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Afternoon Shift - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.