Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3124 W. Irving Park Road
We are seeking a volunteer fundraiser (unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
· Helping to plan larger events (two times a year) and smaller monthly events;
· Organizing and maintaining the events calendar;
· Working in conjunction with the bookkeeper to review and plan the budget;
· Raising money, including finding donors, matching gifts, in-kind gifts, charity days, corporate gifts; and major donor fundraising;
· Exploring options to purchase building to house the rescue and sanctuary;
· Promoting other sustaining revenue such as our rescue store; and
· Handling other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel;
· Strong mathematical skills;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication style, and maintenance of confidentiality;
· Nonprofit experience a plus but not necessary; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
Time commitment: About 20 hours per week.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at email@example.com. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.