A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book or safe list.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as an Associate you are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week and be responsive to emails within 24 hours.
- Associates must be willing to attend weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required
Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water™ (STW™) is the one looking for answers.
STW™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is “Contamination free, healthy water for all”.
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
Are you passionate about Human Resources? Do you want the opportunity to apply the knowledge you have gained in school to real-world human resources applications? Save the Water™ (STW™) is currently in need of talented and ambitious HR Volunteers who want to learn more about the key role human resources plays in supporting organization and its goals.
What you will be responsible for...
- Responsible for communications with volunteer candidates, including sending and requesting applications, conducting interviews, and processing new hires.
- Checks general email daily for new emails from candidates and maintains organized system for filing emails.
- Update and manage required documents and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate candidate files, including resumes, applications and signed documents required for new hires.
- Attend bi-weekly human resources meeting and monthly recruitment & processing team meeting.
- Compliance with our standardized recruitment practices and process.
- On a timely basis send weekly/biweekly updates to your Project Leaders/HR Director prior to your Recruitment meeting.
- Be sensitive to the needs of candidates as well as your team members.
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team.
- Complete Timesheet at least on weekly minimum basis.
Your Take Away….
- Chance to develop or master your professional & leadership skills
- Advance & improve your project management skills
- Work with a team of diverse professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to handle multiple projects
- Be a part of a mission to save our resources and make a deep impact
Apply Now if you have….
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in volume hiring
- Associates degree completed or equivalent work experience (6 months to 1 year full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google Apps
- Excellent verbal, interviewing and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Creative thinker who is self-motivated
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Eagerness to continuously learn and develop business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Applicants residing in North-America are preferred however we welcome volunteers from all around the world who are comfortable volunteering & attending meetings at EST Time Zone.
Save the Water™ is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of Save the Water™'s standard employment process, candidates will undergo an Employment & Education Verification check prior to an offer being extended. These verification checks will be conducted either by Save the Water™ directly or by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification.
How To Apply
Keywords: Human Resources, Hiring, Interviewing, Recruitment, Virtual Office
2 volunteers needed!