Law Students/ Lawyers: Interested in working on Earth Law legal initiatives?
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Earth Law Center
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
249 East 118th Street
Earth Law Center (ELC) is a 501c3 non-profit seeking volunteers who are law students and current lawyers to assist the team with drafting legal ordinances and legal personhood documents.
If you have a passion for making a difference, getting rights for nature with a strong work ethic – please send in your cover letter and resume. We promise that you will have a chance to be part of a paradigm shift, working with smart and committed people who find win-win solutions.
· Online research to find precedent, case studies and other corroborating evidence
· Write law review articles about Earth Law and share byline with Grant Wilson, Directing Attorney
· This role will be remote (if you are in New York, San Francisco or Denver, face to face meetings with ELC staff possible)
BEST FIT EXPERIENCE
· Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working collaboratively
· Ability to articulate the case for support so that individuals are enrolled into ELC’s vision, mission and goals
· Interested in practical hands on experience and build academic experience
· Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
· 10 hours a week, more if flexible
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to this job position and a resume to email@example.com.