Professional Development Program Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Somali American Parent Association (SAPA)
1433 East Franklin Avenue
What would I do?
Professional Development Program assistants would help assist the speaker and may facilitate their own session about young Somali students in the classroom and the Somali culture to staff of school will need to know when communicating with the student and their families.
What are the qualifications?
- Ability to speak in front of large quantities of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Patience, flexibility, good humor
- Experience with East African community a plus
- Somali language skills preferred
What is the time commitment?
Sessions are usually once or twice per month and take on average 2 hours to complete. This includes time for transportation but there may be sessions that have longer travel times, but the actual session ranges from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers