Volunteer Treasurer for small nonprofit
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Friends of the Conservatory at Volunteer Park
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Gardener's Cottage, next to the Conservatory
1402 East Galer Street
Do you love the Volunteer Park Conservatory? Do you have a passion for accounting and financial management? We have the perfect position for you.
The Friends of the Conservatory (FOC) is seeking a volunteer Treasurer to oversee all accounting operations of a functioning 501(c)3 nonprofit. The Treasurer will be a critical part of our nine-plus-person-board led by Board President Sara L. Chapman. This is an unpaid position and will require approximately three hours of work weekly, mostly remotely.
Be part of a special volunteer community that supports Seattle's gem of a Conservatory in Volunteer Park, one of a very few Victorian glass houses remaining in the USA. Its world-class collection of rare and tropical plants is one of the joys of the city, and the Pacific Northwest.
Some key responsibilities:
• Attend one monthly board meeting on Capitol Hill, currently on the third Thursday at 6pm. Most work can be done remotely.
• Serve as the chair of and manage the finance committee
• Work with the contract bookkeeper to ensure and create the appropriate financial reports for the board on a timely basis
• Ensure that the annual filings are completed in a timely manner, including 1099s, State and City excise tax returns, WA nonprofit corporation annual report and WA charitable solicitations renewal
• Experience with non-profit accounting, financial management, and Quickbooks
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain clearly nonprofit finance policies and procedures to the Board --this is a critical ability!
References, please. Resumes will be reviewed by November 1, 2018
How To Apply
Resume in Word preferred, thanks