- Passionate about developing welcoming communities for newcomers of all backgrounds
- Self starter who is able to take initiative to create individualized action plan
- Capacity to network in both professional and informal settings, willing to build new relationships and committed to follow through
Outreach volunteer expectations:
- Identify six organizations and/or businesses within your community that interact regularly with refugees and immigrants including social service providers, libraries, schools, health clinics, community centers, etc.
- Identify three cultural groups made up of immigrants and refugees including faith communities and cultural associations.
- Set up five direct engagements with the identified groups to share outreach materials and information about RCO. This could be meeting with members of leadership, presenting at a staff meeting or event.
- Attend at least one community event frequented by immigrants and refugees where you can set up a table to share information about RCO. This could be a cultural festival, World Refugee Day event, resource fair, market or other event.
- Outreach volunteers are expected to commit to approximately 20 hours of work over a 4-10 week period (2-5 hours/week depending on time frame)
- Attend one 2 hour mandatory training (optional additional training opportunities provided)
- Participate in bi-weekly check in calls (30 mins)
- Document outreach efforts including contact information, response and follow up
Interested volunteers should send an email to email@example.com with the following information. Be sure your subject line includes “Outreach Volunteer”:
- What city and state are you located in?
- Why do you want to volunteer for the Refugee Center Online?
- When are you available to volunteer and what are your other responsibilities during this time period?
- What assets do you bring to this role?
- What support would you need from the RCO to be successful in this role?
Summer outreach volunteer orientation will take place in early June.