Animal Care Volunteer at Buttonwood Park Zoo
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Buttonwood Park Zoological Society
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
425 Hawthorn St
ANIMAL CARE VOLUNTEER
Animal Care Volunteers work with animal caretakers in their areas assisting in the daily cleaning and disinfecting, diet preparation and distribution, enrichment activities, data collection, and exhibit maintenance. Please note that direct animal contact is limited and is at the discretion of the Zoo Keeper.
- Serious interest in all animals and their behavior & habits, husbandry, enrichment, training, and conservation.
- Volunteers must be at least 17 years old.
- Be physically fit – must be able to lift 50lbs and be on feet for long periods
- Commitment of at least 4 hours a week for 6 months
How To Apply
If interested, please visit our website https://www.bpzoo.org/get-involved/animalcarevolunteerintern/ and fill out the Animal Care Volunteer application. Contact Volunteer Manager, Heather Potter at HPotter@bpzoo.org for questions regarding this opportunity.