Auction Co-Chair Needed for Nov 4th Event Supporting Global Social Entrepreneurs
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Gratitude Network
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
349 Main Street, Suite 201
The Gratitude Network has held two extremely successful special events, Soiree (in 2016 and 2017). We are deep in the planning for our 3rd Annual Soiree to be held November 4th.
A large component of the evening's success, and a substantial portion of the revenue raised has been through our live and silent auction. Focused on just a handful of high value experiences, the auction is full of special, one of a kind experiences.
We are looking for a volunteer Auction Co-Chair to project manage the auction portion of the evening.
Co-Chair (Management, Collateral, Tracking and Fulfillment) Role:
· Design process for auction from beginning to end
· Organize & track components for each of the auction items
· Create overviews for each live auction and silent auction package – for day-of display
· Create overview packets for each live auction and silent auction for take-home by auction bidders
· Work with Event Manager to get descriptions of each auction item into Program 2 weeks before event
· Contact appropriate vendors/venue/conduits to convince them to provide components we need for silent and live auction
· Find volunteers for day-of auction
· Train volunteers to handle day-of
· Plan for post-auction delivery of goods and fulfillment of each auction package
· Be the tracking person to answer questions from Donors about their packages and how to follow-up