Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Ceca Foundation Headquarters
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community, improve local healthcare services and build meaningful relationships with caregivers, and the sick or elderly? Ceca Volunteers are an essential part of Ceca’s Caregiver Award Program, designed to engage, recognize, and reward exceptional nurses and other healthcare workers at partner nursing homes, hospitals, hospice, and physical rehabilitation centers.
Ceca Award Program
As a Volunteer, you’ll serve on a Selection Panel at a neighborhood healthcare facility representing Ceca (which stands for “Celebrating caregivers”) and have the opportunity to review touching nominations for the Ceca Award. These nominations consist of inspiring stories of exceptional patient and resident care provided by staff members. Volunteers assist in selecting Ceca Award recipients for their outstanding caregiving contributions and provide important feedback in ensuring individuals get recognized and appreciated for their efforts.
Volunteers also help present the Ceca Award at a subsequent Award Celebration for each honored caregiver. This is a fun opportunity to meet exceptional people, applaud their efforts, provide a much-needed pat on the back, and share a few laughs (and sometimes tears) in the process.
While we are constantly adding new partner locations, we are currently looking for volunteers at the following facilities:
- Goodwin House – Bailey’s Crossroads, located at 3440 South Jefferson Street, Falls Church, VA
- Birmingham Green, located at 8605 Centreville Road, Manassas, VA
- Dulles Health and Rehab, located at 2978 Centreville Road, Herndon, VA
- Genesis Gettysburg Center, located at 867 York Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
- Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg, located at 595 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325
- Heritage Springs Memory Care, located at 327 Farley Circle, Lewisburg, PA
- Falling Springs Nursing and Rehab, located at 201 Franklin Farm Lane, Chambersburg, PA
- Shippensburg Health Care Center, located at 121 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg PA
What You’ll Do/Benefits
Volunteers accepted into the program will attend Selection Panel meetings quarterly, and are responsible for:
- attending a short introductory training at Ceca’s Georgetown headquarters to become familiar with Ceca’s Award Program, recognition process, and nomination reports;
- reviewing nominations for each Award period (quarterly) and selecting preliminary finalists;
- attending quarterly Selection Panels with fellow Panel members and selecting the quarterly honoree;
- attending quarterly Award Celebrations and representing Ceca Foundation at that event;
- providing guidance on “best practices” as related to Ceca’s program and encouraging caregiver participation; and,
- if unable to attend due to an emergency, notifying a Ceca representative or designated backup to fill in at a Selection Panel or Award Celebration.
Volunteers must be age 18 and older, have upbeat personalities, ability to travel to and from your assigned facility, and be comfortable in a healthcare environment.
Length of Time Commitment
We want our volunteers to engage and connect with the patients or residents and staff at their assigned healthcare facility. That way, the relationships you create become more meaningful and Ceca Honorees can be a reflection of that connection. As a result, we ask volunteers to commit to at least one year of service.
Volunteers will spend approximately 2-4 hours per quarter (including travel time) reading about the exceptional acts of caregivers at our Partner organization and attending the Selection Panel and Award Ceremony on-site at the facilities. Any extra time spent interacting with community members and encouraging participation in the Award process is a bonus and at your discretion!
- Training Provided