Volunteer Public Relations Manager
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Women's Global Leadership Initiative
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Duration: 1 year
Schedule: 5-10 hours a week
How you’ll make an impact
WGLI is seeking a Public Relations Manager who is passionate about our mission and looking to enhance their understanding of public relations and the media relations landscape. This person will work closely with the Marketing Director to assist with the media list building, pitching media, drafting documents, creating local and national media lists, and securing media coverage on topics relevant to the WGLI.
What you will do
- Direct public relations activities and content development.
- Work with media outlets to publish timely organization information, such as press releases, customer stories and corporate feature articles.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and aligned to the organization’s strategic vision.
- Work with Marketing team to align PR and social strategies.
- Manage relationships with media outlets.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and education as it relates to public relations materials.
- Ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Identify and capture speaking opportunities for WGLI executives at key industry events and develop coverage to maximize opportunities.
- Proofread, Edit and revise content as necessary.
You have these skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration
- 4+ years of experience in management role in Marketing, Public Relations, Public Affairs, or Media
About the Women’s Global Leadership Initiative
Women’s Global Leadership Initiative (WGLI) is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization, founded in 2008. It is dedicated to unlocking the leadership potential of women of different socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds who want to make a difference in their communities by realizing their full leadership potential.
WGLI’S mission is to build women leaders across the globe. Regardless of socio-economic conditions, WGLI will provide every woman with the opportunity to an education, the ability to invest in her future and the tools and knowledge to contribute to her community.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please be sure to click apply and create a profile. We encourage you not to use Social Media sign in option.