A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2090 Seventh Avenue
HEAF is looking for a Finance Volunteer to assist the Finance/Administration Department.
• Assist in Finance Department
o Enter incoming invoices into QuickBooks
o Prepare monthly and weekly reports
o Assist in managing accounting and record keeping systems in QuickBooks
o Assist in Reconciliation of business account with American Express on a monthly basis.
o Assist in Generating, monitoring, and reviewing financial transactions ensuring accuracy and appropriateness. These include Check requests (payments of all vendor invoices), Petty Cash, and Reimbursements.
o Assist with weekly bank deposits
• 4 year accounting Degree
• Microsoft Excel
• Gain & expand new skills.
• Support HEAF staff in their work.
• Learn about the internal processes of a non-profit.
• Receive academic credit if applicable.
• Expand your professional network.
• Be part of a lively, dedicated, caring, and passionate team.
Location: HEAF’s offices (2090 7th Avenue, 10th Floor, New York NY 10027)
Time Commitment: (10 hours per week) Monday & Thursdays
Online volunteer application: ______
Background check: _______
Confidentiality form: ______
How To Apply
Email resume to: Receptionist@heaf.org
Input: Finance Volunteer in the subject line