A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
HERHealthEQ is inviting motivated individuals to apply for a seat on the Board of Directors. We are seeking individuals who are able volunteer with 10-12 hours/month time commitment to achieving specific goals of the organization, based on their own area of expertise.
Members of the Board of Directors:
1. Work with the Executive Director, CEO, Chairperson, and other Directors in achieving the organization's mission (Health Equity for Women)
2. Hold the Executive Director accountable to fulfilling the tasks to accomplish the aims of the organization
3. Serve as volunteers for the organization by sitting on a committee of their choice (Communications, Partnerships, Fundraising, Governance, Accounting)
4. Attend 80% of meetings for the committee on which they sit
5. Attend quarterly meetings of the Board
6. Participate in strategic planning, as requested
7. Discuss issues confronting the organization with the CEO
8. Guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns
9. Monitor financial planning and financial reports
10. Play a leading role in fundraising activities
11. Make financial contributions to the organization as set by board policy
12. Act as spokespersons for the organization to raise public awareness and strengthen partnerships.
13. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the organization’s current programs by reviewing materials and participating in meetings
14. Spend a minimum of 10 hours per month working towards the organizations goals in a manner appropriate to their background and expertise
HERHealthEQ’s mission is to drive health equity for women by providing medical devices and equipment to developing countries for women’s health issues. The issues we focus on are the top non-communicable diseases (NCD’s) including cancers affecting women, maternal health, diabetes, and heart disease.
- International Volunteers