ESL Classes - Greeter / Admin / Teacher's Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Rolling Hills Community Church - Tualatin, OR
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Rolling Hills Community Church
3550 Southwest Borland Road
We provide free ESL classes on Monday evenings, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM, for adults in our community. Many of our students have children and require childcare in order to attend our classes so we also provide free childcare for the children of our students.
If you are interested in working with people from various ethnicities and backgrounds, helping them to feel safe and welcomed, but are not interested in teaching or feel skilled enough to teach, we still have ways for you to be involved. We need people who will greet, check-in, and assist the teachers/ childcare when necessary.
- Set up registration table
- Greeting and checking in students
- Ensuring that students with children are properly checked in
- Registering new students
- Directing students to classrooms
- Clean up and put away registration table items
A second or third language is not necessary; however, it also does not hurt. It can be extremely beneficial to various aspects of the role.
DUE TO PROXIMITY AND LIKELIHOOD OF INTERACTING WITH OUR STUDENTS' CHILDREN, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK TO WORK WITH CHILDREN.
WHEN: Mondays, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Semester 1: 10/8/2018 - 12/10/2018
- Semester 2: 1/7/2019 - 3/18/2019 (No class on 2/18/2019)
- Semester 3: 4/1/2019 - 6/10/2019 (No class on 5/27/2019)
WHERE: Rolling Hills Community Church (3550 SW Borland Rd. Tualatin, OR 97062)
Our ask is that you can be there at least 15-30 minutes early to help with final preparations and plan to stay 15 minutes afterwards to help with any final clean up.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested, please call (503) 638-5900 and ask for Zach Gillock or send me an email at email@example.com.