Permaculture experience – Organic Farm for Schools
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pai Seedlings Foundation
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
64/3 Moo 1
Tambon Vieng Nua
Mae Hong Son
Focus on land restoration and/or permaculture in this program, as well as provide support to local schools! Help heal the planet while living a holistic lifestyle with us! Volunteer with Pai Seedlings Foundation for a life-changing experience and a unique chance to become part of our core project.
- No need to say the project is ambitious and that you will learn a lot of skills, and maybe bring some new ones? Designing land, building good quality soil, composting, plant associations, growing food, watering and maintaining the garden, harvesting, cooking, building, water filtration, seed saving, beekeeping - these are just some of the aspects for such a great project!
- Situated near a traditional village, the farm is nestled in a scenic natural environment of fields and mountains. You will definitely enjoy plenty of hot springs and nature trails nearby! We are located less than five kilometers from Pai where you'll find vibrant nightlife and live music, international food, dance, massage and yoga, as well as a great community of travelers. Pai is located three hours from Chiang Mai International airport in northern Thailand.
- You will commit to five hours each day within a five-day workweek. Morning is better for farm work, but we can be flexible. The program duration is 3 to 6 months, and accommodation can be arranged for the first 2 volunteers (at 150 USD per month).
- Save the environment by bringing life and fertility back to a field abused by monocropping.
- Support local schools through organic food and fun environmental awareness workshops, and guarantee great fun!
- Combine local traditional lifestyle and discover the true sweetness of life in Thailand!
- Find healing through yoga and meditation, as well as enjoy natural hot springs and massage amid the tranquility of natural surroundings.
- Contribute to a sustainable and resilient lifestyle, which is our generation's greatest endeavor.
Thailand: Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son
- Organic Farming
- Volunteer Management
Cost in USD per week
Language Skills Required
No skills needed,
But if you have specific skills related to organic farming or construction it's a plus on your application!
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers