Kitchen Chef (preferably Female) - Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by More Than A Drop Foundation
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Who we are
More Than A Drop is a young, dynamic foundation, with its HQ in Switzerland. In Moshi, Tanzania, we started our operations with our Hospitality College for young women. The boarding school offers annually a 12-month intensive course to 35-40 students from rural and slum areas from below the poverty line. The project aims at the best possible and includes a instructional B&B and instructional Restaurant. Sustainability on an individual level (student) is the highest goal and thanks to this practice environment, the performance oriented and well structured curriculum more than 90% of our graduates find a well-paid job. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism with our B&B/Restaurant/Tours: 100% of the revenues finance the school. Both enjoy highest reviews on TripAdvisor, Booking, etc. Our school is a duly registered, international Foundation of Tanzania and is accredited by the government body (VETA).
After having successfully implemented the first phase of the project, we are now planning the second phase (scale-up) which includes a substantial increase of our instructional restaurant activities.
Please visit http://foundation.morethanadrop.org/ and http://school.morethanadrop.org/ or for more information
Our vision is to become a benchmark for life-changing empowerment programs for severely disadvantaged adolescent girls (school-drop outs)
What Makes Us Special?
The success rate. More than 90% of the graduates find a job. The integrated, highly practice-oriented pedagogical approach, paired with a close support of the students, the various life-skills instruments.
The restaurant activities are a pillar of the entire teaching concept; the goal is to broaden our activities beyond the school and to position it as a leading, creative place offering healthy vegan food to vegans/non-vegans alike.
- Co-define the menu of the restaurnat
- full responsibility of the implementation of the various dishes
- Train the trainees as well as Trainers and students
- All restaurant related activities from planning to processing and storage
- Close collaboration with the Teachers of Culinary Art
- Co-define teaching concept in Culinary Art
- Female strong plus (>28yrs of age)
- Higher education in Culinary Art / Hospitality
- Proven background as a Chef or +3yrs experience in similar positions
- Creative, careful and innovative
- Commitment to service and passion for youth/adolescent
- Experience working/volunteering in Africa required
- Ability to work in highly collaborative environment
- Have exceptional oral communication skills
- Flexible, problem solving, multitasking, goal oriented
- Work well under minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
How To Apply
Interested? please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org., with:
- your motivation letter,