Passatge Madoz, 6
Dates: June onwards (Flexible)
Duration: 3-6 months
Street Child is looking for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking an international volunteering role in Sri Lanka.
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there.
We have identified that out of school children is one of Sri Lanka’s main development issues, particularly those in marginalised communities, despite having an overall literacy rate of over 90%. Street Child is currently seeking to pilot and expand a series of projects in Sri Lanka which intend to provide children the opportunity to access education that is inclusive, sustainable and life-saving. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organisation that is setting up and scaling its efforts within various communities in rural and urban Sri Lanka.
This role is part of a local capacity development initiative in the country, whereby the volunteers are placed with our local partner but in doing so they are fulfilling our organisational objectives in strengthening the capabilities of local partners.
Working alongside the local team, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to –
· Conduct regular visits to project sites to carry out process monitoring as well as gather feedback from the beneficiary community about the implemented projects and submit a detail report about the activities
· Research prospective donors including like minded individuals, diaspora, crowdfunding, corporate sector, educational foundations and other institutions
· Liaise with CBOs, relevant government authorities and other humanitarian/development agencies for effective collaboration
· Organize and conduct training on M&E /Reporting for project staff
· Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results and prepare the reports for the donors and Government
· Willingness to undertake any other responsibilities entrusted by Team Leader, as and when requested
The successful applicant must be prepared to live and work in austere conditions when required, and to travel independently to urban, rural and remote project sites. The applicant must be able to manage his or her work plan and report regularly to the team on progress, and will be considered a valued member of the team.
A fundraising commitment will be required of the successful applicant, for which support will be provided by Street Child UK staff. Flights and food are at the applicant’s own expense. Accommodation will be provided by Street Child at a fixed cost, and will require sharing rooms with another volunteer of any gender. A detailed breakdown of costs and expenses will be provided for those applicants selected for interview.
Whilst this is initially a voluntary role, for applicants with relevant experience who have the ability to add strategic value, there is potential to attain a more permanent position with the organisation.
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com outlining your experience, interest in the placement and availability.