Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Rural Clinic in Guatemala
A charity organization Health&Help is looking for a Photographer/Digital Marketing Manager, to be based in the village Chuinajtajuyub, Totonikapan area, Guatemala and help the project pro bono.
Health&Help is a charity project which aims to provide the local population in remote areas of Guatemala with medical services of high quality at a free clinic.
In this role you will be expected to film and take photos of the project development on a daily basis. You should be able to work on-site as well as during the field trips, providing quality material afterwards. A 6-8 hours working day, 6 days a week.
A successful candidate is:
- Expected to stay for at least two weeks;
- Bring his/her work equipment and software;
- Is tolerant and accepting of foreign cultures and lifestyles;
- Has previous experience handling low resources situations (camping, distant places);
- Is independent and confident when finding themselves in a new situation, e.g. being in a foreign country and/or having to hitchhike;
- Handles emergency and critical situations well;
- Always ready to assist and good in his/her own field;
- Detail and goal-oriented;
- An emerging leader, true team player, a sharer rather than a protector; has the ability to juggle with several matters at one time;
- Has an appropriate degree and speaks fluent and grammatically correct English and fair Spanish (B1); Russian language skills are a plus.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Escorting our medical volunteers and taking photos on a daily basis;
- Editing videos on the daily life of the project in Guatemala;
- Creating appropriate products;
- Handling the material daily and posting it on social media with a caption (50-60 words), following a certain schedule;
- Preparing and writing articles once a week (appr. 600 words);
- A place to stay and hot meals to eat free of charge;
- A letter of recommendation upon request;
- A friendly team, full of professionals;
- An opportunity to develop your skills and find out more about yourself and other people and cultures;
- Endless love and gratitude from all the locals, fellow volunteers and all over the world;
Our volunteers are provided with three meals a day (vegetarian menu) and accommodation (volunteers’ house). The contract does not offer travel or any other expenses reimbursement option. The contract offers you a six-day working week, eight hours every day. A leave is a subject to discussion. A donation to cover the basic expenses will be much appreciated. Please note that the clinic is located in a distant, away from civilization, area.
To apply for this position, please send your CV in English to email@example.com
For more career opportunities please visit: https://he-he.org/en/volunteer
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers