- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
VIN invites research volunteers or interns to help produce an accurate picture of the past and the present to inform our development for the future. VIN’s primary objective in the empowerment of marginalised communities, with a focus on women and children. We have been working with Jitpur Phedi community since 2007. As we begin work with other communities, we want to evaluate our work so far.
Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world and despite only 20 percent of its land suitable for agriculture, nearly 80 percent of the population live in rural areas*, most of whom depend on subsistence farming. Unsurprisingly, approximately 25 percent of the country’s population live below the poverty line.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.