A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for 4WD vehicles and motorcycles? Would you love to share how to safely operate them in the classroom and in hands-on experiences?
JAARS operates a maintenance, operations, and safety course for those preparing to go overseas and for nationals in overseas locations. We also maintain our own off road training course that offers students practical application on campus.
Share your knowledge and expertise so that staff on the field can safely reach their destinations!
Conduct motorcycle and 4WD training courses in accordance with approved curricula.
- This is for a .2 FTE volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
- Instruct students in maintenance, safety, and operation of vehicles and motorcycles
- Contribute to the fine tuning of course curricula
- Present a real world perspective by providing hands-on vehicle training
- Flexible in work hours and availability due to when courses are offered
Experience and Education
- Knowledge and solid experience in the safe operation of 4WD vehicles and motorcycles
- Ability to communicate well and effectively and engage students while teaching
- Capable of sharing and clearly explaining technical matters
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020