Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
West Valley Mental Health Center
20151 Nordhoff Street
One in 5 people is affected by serious mental illness in the US in any given year. NAMI is the nation's largest grass roots organization comprised of mostly volunteers. We are Charitable Magazine's choice for one of 100 top organizations most likely to change the world. And we're doing just that! We offer free education classes, support groups, and resources to families in crisis. Our volunteers reach out to the community to let them know we're here to help. We do interviews and radio shows. We advocate for better systems of care for people with mental health conditions. We eliminate stigma!
NAMI-SFV needs energetic Recruitment Assistants with an easy smile to help others join our extraordinarily timely and necessary mission. Here's what you'll be thoroughly trained to do:
- Make return calls and/or send standard response email to people already interested in volunteering to welcome them to our community
- Prepare pre-recruitment packages so recruiters are prepared to talk to our volunteers about their specific interests and background.
- Perform pos-recruitment follow-up to give accesses and permissions to new volunteers
- Add pertinent volunteer information to our database
- Send potential volunteers an application to complete and return electronically
- Ensure volunteers receive an invitation to our onboarding process
- Obtain email and database credentials for applicable volunteers
- Maintain organized "virtual filing cabinet" on Google Drive
- Send congratulatory email to volunteers who complete training
- Promote our community-centric culture by exemplifying it (Kindness, Authenticity, Creativity, Diversity & Transparency)
If helping people find their way to give back is something you're interested in doing, you'll be happy in this role. If you are looking to enhance your resume or earn community service hours, this is a good oppotunity for you too. Click the "I want to help" button! Be sure to include a phone number!
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest volunteer-led grassroots organizations helping individuals affected by mental illness. At NAMI San Fernando Valley, we are proud to offer free support groups, educational programs, information meetings and outreach presentations to individuals and families affected by mental illness. We tirelessly fight the stigma of mental illness through our advocacy and outreach efforts to spread awareness in our communities. We want to make the world a better place for those with mental illnesses. Click "I want to help!" if you are interested in this incredibly rewarding volunteer opportunity. *Be sure to include your phone number and we will be in contact within the week.*
Check us out here:
The programs and initiatives of National Alliance on Mental Illness - San Fernando Valley are staffed by talented volunteers who have the passion, drive and expertise necessary to fulfill our mission. NAMI SFV welcomes and appreciates individual differences and invites diversity in its broadest definition. We are devoted to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of transparency, authenticity, creativity, and kindness.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers