Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
200 N Main St,
EPOCH Dream Center is seeking a half-time AmeriCorps Member to assist with their after-school and summer program serving under-resourced children in Hebron, MD.
The AmeriCorps member will lead and supervise a group of 10 to 15 students during the program. The duties of the member will include planning and facilitating lessons, and assisting with volunteer management.
Ideal candidates will be available Monday- Thursday, 3 pm- 6:45pm during the school year and available Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am – 1 pm during the summer.
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Have a strong interest in serving the community
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to provide copy of either high school diploma, GED, or college transcript
- Have reliable transportation
- Be available to attend the tuition-free, AmeriCorps class at Salisbury University bi-weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Be available to serve for approximately 20 hours/week for half-time service for at least 48 weeks.
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive Criminal History Check, which includes FBI fingerprinting
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident alien
- Benefits available to the AmeriCorps Member may include
- Valuable experience in the education field
- A bi-weekly stipend of $252.08
- An education award ($2,960.50 for future educational expenses or repayment of federal student loans)
- 6 tuition free credits at Salisbury University
This position is offered through a partnership with ShoreCorps, the AmeriCorps program at Salisbury University. It is contingent upon federal funding and approval of the AmeriCorps office. To fill out an application, visit www.salisbury.edu/americorps.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Visit the web site to fill out an application!