Fundraising and Development Volunteer Position for Veterans Nonprofit in Washington, DC
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Operation MCP (Making Careers Possible)
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 70901
District of Columbia
Operation MCP is seeking a talented Director of Development to set, guide and implement a comprehensive development strategy that attracts, educates, motivates and inspires donors. We are looking for a professional with experience who is capable of growing our fundraising initiatives with energy and skill. The right candidate will inspire growth in a young, but ambitious, veterans non-profit and will want to grow with our organization.
The position requires strong organizational and people skills, the ability to work on various projects simultaneously, and a strong eye for detail. The successful candidate will be able to develop and manage budgets while growing revenues and managing expenses. The position will work with a supportive Executive Director and Board, and will collaborate with both.
· Maintaining oversight over all fundraising activities including major giving, grants, fundraising events, direct mail appeals, online fundraising, and corporate partnership initiatives.
· Build and execute a development strategy, including timelines, measurable objectives, and benchmarks. Prepare and present regular progress reports.
· Oversee the Development department staff to ensure sound donor data management and gift processing procedures are implemented.
· Oversee all event fundraising, including annual Veteran's Day community fundraisers and special Board led initiatives.
· Launch a Leadership Circle major donor program with aggressive fundraising targets demonstrating consistent year over year growth.
· Develop sponsorship proposals that demonstrate the value of partnership and that lead to product donation and/or monetary support for various program related initiatives.
· Conceptualize, launch and grow innovative peer-to-peer giving program to capture the energy and potential of our network.
· Manage, track and analyze ongoing relationships with prospects and donors.
· Oversee the preparation of proposals, letters, background information and materials for cultivation and solicitation activities.
· Conceptualize, write, and disseminate individual and online giving strategies.
· In coordination with the Executive Director, actively and routinely perform stewardship activities such as thank-you calls, site visits, identifying prospects, and following up with individuals who are interested in learning more about Operation MCP.
· Excellent judgement, analytical and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, ambiguity, and changing priorities.
· Experience in the full spectrum of development work, particularly solicitations, stewardship and donor recognition.
· Demonstrated experience soliciting one on one gifts preferably of five figures or above.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with Board members, donors and prospects.
· Ability to conceive, plan and execute a major gifts program, including annual giving campaign, and direct and personal solicitation.
· Proven track record in developing creative and successful, individual online and offline giving strategies in the non-profit environment.
· Ability to develop, launch and grow peer-to-peer giving programs.
· Experience conceptualizing, executing and growing fundraising campaigns (including Annual Funds and Year End Challenges).
· The ability to understand and communicate cause-based programming to prospects and donors.
· Excellent and persuasive interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
· Strong research and networking skills.
· A friendly, outgoing and collaborative approach along with a team-oriented style, including the ability to collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
· Respect for confidentiality of donor information and a deep understanding of donor ethics.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
· Attention to detail.
· Strong work ethic and professional manner and appearance.
· A belief in the mission, principles and core values of Operation MCP.
· Must be able to attend weekend and evening activities, as necessary.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Application Process and Deadline:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and the contact information of three references to email@example.com. ATTN: Daniela Petrilli, Executive Director & Founder, Operation MCP
Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
You will be required to sign a 6 month temporary Board member agreement, that can turn into a two year seated term position, as voted upon by the Board of Operation MCP.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 references to Operation MCP Executive Director and Founder, Ms. Daniela Petrilli at firstname.lastname@example.org