Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
1411 SW Morrison St Ste 290
Elders in Actions is looking for a Volunteer Receptionist
1. Serve as the welcoming and caring receptionist for clients and other visitors to the EIA office, greeting guests, causal visitors, and clients in need of service in a professional manner;
2. Answer Elders in Action’s main phone line, voicemail and transfers calls;
3. Address questions about the agency and agency programs;
4. Share talents, experience and wisdom in assisting staff members with various projects;
5. Assist with fundraising activities such as special mailings and events;
6. Provide admin support for workshops and meetings such as preparing manuals and materials, organizing the meeting space and taking attendance;
7. Complete and submit a monthly volunteer hour report;
8. Maintain volunteer, client, staff and agency confidentiality;
9. Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on the interests/talents of the individual.
Location of Volunteer Work: Elders in Action office ((1411 SW Morrison St Ste 290, Portland, OR 97205))
Time/Schedule Requirements: Monday to Friday, office hours, flexible schedule .
1. Strong interpersonal skills
2. Willingness to work with a diverse population
3. Strong listening skills and empathy towards older adults
4. Good organizational skills
5. Computer savvy/comfortable with Microsoft Office applications and familiar with use/troubleshooting of typical office equipment.
6. Problem-solving skills and ability to work independently in an office environment
Training/Support Provided: Elders in Action staff provide initial training and monthly continuing education meetings and all coordination of assigning and information on clients.
· Develop knowledge of older adult resources and services in Portland Metro area;
· Volunteer in a professional setting;
· Public transportation passes
· Have one-on-one interactions with older adults that result in increased independence and confidence of clients.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available