Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Commitment: One Year. (Unpaid Volunteer)
Hours: 20 hours weekly on average and 10 hours weekly on average when holding another full-time contract.
Location: Anywhere with good communications & Internet
Pay: Volunteer. Only agreed expenses paid. We aim to make this a paid or partially paid position.
Reporting To: YP Research & Development Director
What Young Peacebuilders (YP) Does
Young Peacebuilders nurtures peacebuilding passion and skills in violence-affected children and youth. We do this through partnerships, research, projects, and tools that help young people build peace in their own communities and abroad. Our goal is to see a major shift in the dominant method of addressing contemporary conflicts toward investing in young people as peacebuilders.
Responsibilities vary depending upon duration of one’s commitment, number of hours committed, interests, skills, and experience. We ensure responsibilities increase along with one’s skill level.
- Write curriculum
- Develop curricular goals for specific programs and YP Clubs
- Assist in yearly theme selection
- Develop pedagogy to accompany curriculum
- Provide training materials for curriculum users
- Stay up to date on educational practices and peacebuilding activities
- Assist in updating policy and procedures in line with curricular and programmatic needs
- Produce research reports on child and youth peace clubs
- Identify best child/youth peace club practices through literature and case study reviews
- Use research to provide general needs assessment report
- Identify gaps in current practices/Identify shifts in program models
- Assist with review and editing of YP research and evaluations
- Examine research quality, tone, writing style, and clarity
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Kindly Click on the Link Provided to send your application. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.